Bosphorus 17-inch Gold Full Crash
Brand: Bosphorus Cymbals
- Hand crafted in Istanbul, Turkey
- Offered in several weights, Fast Gold crashes are lighter and open quickly while the Power crashes have a higher pitch, more volume, and a longer decay. Full Creashes options have a fuller response. These cymbals are ideal choice for high volume settings.
- The Gold series fuses the “old world” warmth of handmade cymbals with the cutting power, projection, and durability desired by drummers playing in contemporary settings.
- They work great for rock, pop, and other modern styles. Each Gold Series cymbal is buffed to a brilliant finish.
- Available in 13",14",15",16",17",18",19-inch
Details: Handmade cymbals with a modern sound. Bright, crisp and clean without sounding harsh or brittle. Gold Series fuses the “old world” warmth of handmade cymbals with the cutting power, projection, and durability needed in contemporary settings. Each Gold Series cymbal is completely hand hammered, then buffed to a brilliant finish. The weights of the rides offer maximum response with plenty of projection. The crashes are explosive and cutting, yet warm and musical. The hats offer a clear powerful chick sound with a bright splash. Gold Series is an ideal choice when bold and powerful cymbals are required.
Bosphorus Cymbals was established in 1996 by three master cymbal smiths, Hasan Seker, Ibrahim Yakici and Hasan Ozdemir. They are called Masters because they are the most experienced cymbal smiths in Turkey who are still working actively.
The founders of Bosphorus were three good friends who grew up in the same neighborhood. Their common thread was being sent to work in a neighborhood cymbal workshop. Their humble beginings included cleaning the workshop and other menial tasks, but in time they were trained in the art of making cymbals. In the early ages of their youth they became cymbal smiths. Their teachers were the masters who manufactured the legendary cymbals of 60’s and 70’s.
After 16 years at the same workshop the friends ventured off on their own and established their own company. Today they maintain good relationships with their former employers. The Masters continue to respect their teachers to this day.
Bosphorus Cymbals has a strong team of cymbal smiths whom are trained at the Bosphorus Factory and most of them working for the company since day one. The Masters continue to craft in the workshop with their workers, guiding them to create the perfect cymbals with their 38 years of experience.