Bosphorus 13-inch Syncopation Hi-Hat
Brand: Bosphorus Cymbals
- Hand crafted in Istanbul, Turkey
- Aggressively hammered Syncopation Series with trashy but yet warm wash and cutting sound feauture defined stick providing clear pattern articulation.
- The line is available with two different finishes as “Regular Lathed” and “SW” which stands for Sand Wash finish. Both variants are excessively hammered which generates aggresive sound with complex overtones.
- Lathed finish offers more sustain while SW version focused stick definition.
- Available in 13",14",15",16-inch
Details: The line is available with two different finishes as “Regular Lathed” and “SW” which stands for Sand Wash finish. Both variants are excessively hammered which generates aggresive sound with complex overtones. Lathed finish offers more sustain while SW version focused stick definition.Bosphorus Cymbals was established in 1996 by three master cymbal smiths, Hasan Seker, Ibrahim Yakici and Hasan Ozdemir. They are called Masters because they are the most experienced cymbal smiths in Turkey who are still working actively.
The founders of Bosphorus were three good friends who grew up in the same neighborhood. Their common thread was being sent to work in a neighborhood cymbal workshop. Their humble beginings included cleaning the workshop and other menial tasks, but in time they were trained in the art of making cymbals. In the early ages of their youth they became cymbal smiths. Their teachers were the masters who manufactured the legendary cymbals of 60’s and 70’s.
After 16 years at the same workshop the friends ventured off on their own and established their own company. Today they maintain good relationships with their former employers. The Masters continue to respect their teachers to this day.
Bosphorus Cymbals has a strong team of cymbal smiths whom are trained at the Bosphorus Factory and most of them working for the company since day one. The Masters continue to craft in the workshop with their workers, guiding them to create the perfect cymbals with their 38 years of experience.