Turkish Sehzade Cymbal Pack Box Set (14HH-16-18CR-20R)
Brand: Turkish Cymbals
- Hand crafted in Istanbul, Turkey
- 14" Hi-Hat Pair -Great chick performance. Warm, dark, earthy. Round & full sound. These soft and sensible hi-hats have excellent stick definition with a woody feel.
- 16+18" Crash -Dark & mellow with fast response. Great amount of power & definition in tone.
- 20" Ride -Beautiful, musical bell with dark note. Sensitive stick attack. Delicately defined ping. Controlled amount of shimmer. Very versatile.
- Include 14Hi-Hat, 16+18Crash, 20Ride
Details: The Sehzade serie is one of our most adventurous offerings. Its underside is lathed & heavly hammered. The upper surface is a combination of lathed & unlathed hammered circles. The large, high-profile bell is unlathed. The appearance is like leopard skin. The effect of the lathed and unlathed surface is what makes this cymbal so special. Hit the outer lathed surface, and the cymbal produces a spicy, dark ride sound with lots of energy. When the drum stick is moved to the unlathed section, the sound dries out, giving greater stick definition. The unlathed bell is dry & clear.
Turkish Cymbals, Hand Cast, Hand Hammered, Hand Lathed. Peculiar hiss-tone that is high, sharp & piercing. Excellent for short, punctuated accents with an exotic atmosphere. For centuries, cymbals have been made in artisan workshops in Istanbul, Turkey, the acknowleged home of quality cymbal making. Cymbal alloys (most notably B20 alloys) have secret recipes passed through generations and each Turkish Cymbal is hand cast, rolled whilst hot, hammered by skilled artisans and tested to give the unique sound the Turkish Cymbals have, before being finished on a lathe. Only by hand making can the cymbal be worthy of a top-flight drummer. Each cymbal has its own individual overtones and "DNA", whilst being broadly similar to its brothers. Your sound is unique with Turkish Cymbals. Probably the finest cymbals on the planet.