Bosphorus 24-inch Turk China
Brand: Bosphorus Cymbals
- Hand crafted in Istanbul, Turkey
- Offers a piercing attack with a fast decay. Clean articulation when used as a ride balances with an exotic dark wash when crashed.
- Visually stunning with straight from the oven coloration. This series speaks with raw attitude and earthly passion.
- Turk Series provides the sophisticated player with an instrument that delivers heightened response and intense aural nuance.
- Available in 8",9",10",11",12",13",14",15",16",17",18",19",20",21",22",24"
Details: Turk series offers a dark raw voice with a completely unlathed and hand hammered finish. Exotic stick sound makes this cymbal a perfect addition to any traditional setup as an effects cymbal or as a primary instrument for the player seeking a dark esoteric sound. Turk Series provides the sophisticated player with an instrument that delivers heightened response and intense aural nuance.
Bosphorus Cymbals was established in 1996 by three master cymbal smiths, Hasan Seker, Ibrahim Yakici and Hasan Ozdemir. They are called Masters because they are the most experienced cymbal smiths in Turkey who are still working actively.
The founders of Bosphorus were three good friends who grew up in the same neighborhood. Their common thread was being sent to work in a neighborhood cymbal workshop. Their humble beginings included cleaning the workshop and other menial tasks, but in time they were trained in the art of making cymbals. In the early ages of their youth they became cymbal smiths. Their teachers were the masters who manufactured the legendary cymbals of 60’s and 70’s.
After 16 years at the same workshop the friends ventured off on their own and established their own company. Today they maintain good relationships with their former employers. The Masters continue to respect their teachers to this day.
Bosphorus Cymbals has a strong team of cymbal smiths whom are trained at the Bosphorus Factory and most of them working for the company since day one. The Masters continue to craft in the workshop with their workers, guiding them to create the perfect cymbals with their 38 years of experience.