Bosphorus 22-inch Master Vintage Flat Ride
Brand: Bosphorus Cymbals
- Hand crafted in Istanbul, Turkey
- Extremely thin. Dry, clicky and woody attack with a lower pitch, and possess a significant amount of wobble!
- The Master Vintage Series is the embodiment of our philosophy. A true hand forged instrument of uncompromising quality, beauty and aural nuance.
- These rare treasures offer up a dark, dry fundamental tone, precise articulation, and an organic earthy response.
- Available in 18",19",20",21",22",24-inch
Details: The Master Vintage Series is the embodiment of our philosophy and represents our absolute finest work. A true hand forged instrument of uncompromising quality, beauty and aural nuance. These rare treasures offer up a dark, dry fundamental tone, precise articulation, and an organic earthy response. The wash rides are prominent but never overpowering, creating a low rumble of smoldering overtones that’s excited ever so slightly by each push accent or bell hit.
Bosphorus Cymbals was established in 1996 by three master cymbal smiths, Hasan Seker, Ibrahim Yakici and Hasan Ozdemir. They are called Masters because they are the most experienced cymbal smiths in Turkey who are still working actively.
The founders of Bosphorus were three good friends who grew up in the same neighborhood. Their common thread was being sent to work in a neighborhood cymbal workshop. Their humble beginings included cleaning the workshop and other menial tasks, but in time they were trained in the art of making cymbals. In the early ages of their youth they became cymbal smiths. Their teachers were the masters who manufactured the legendary cymbals of 60’s and 70’s.
After 16 years at the same workshop the friends ventured off on their own and established their own company. Today they maintain good relationships with their former employers. The Masters continue to respect their teachers to this day.
Bosphorus Cymbals has a strong team of cymbal smiths whom are trained at the Bosphorus Factory and most of them working for the company since day one. The Masters continue to craft in the workshop with their workers, guiding them to create the perfect cymbals with their 38 years of experience.