Bosphorus 20-inch Traditional Flat Ride
Brand: Bosphorus Cymbals
- Hand crafted in Istanbul, Turkey
- Bosphorus Traditional Flat Ride Cymbal produces a shimmering ping sound with very little spread underneath. Larger sizes produce a lower pitch.
- Classic Turkish cymbal making at its finest. The Traditional Series are fully lathed tonal grooves top and bottom for a warm full bodied sound.
- Our most diverse family of cymbals, Traditional Series offers classic Turkish cymbals in a vast array of sizes to match any musical situation.
- Available in 18", 19", 20", 21", 22", 24-inch
Details: Classic Turkish cymbal making at its finest. Our most diverse family of cymbals, Traditional Series offers classic Turkish cymbals in a vast array of sizes to match any musical situation.
Their sounds range from dark and delicate to bright and penetrating. Each ride and crash is available in different weight variants.
A heavier ride cymbal yields a higher pitch and increased stick articulation, while the lighter weights offer a softer more ‘vowel’ type stick sound.
Heavier crashes provide more volume with a higher pitch, but take longer for the sound to open up.
Chinas, splashes and flats are not offered in multiple weights.
Traditional, yet far from ordinary.
Bosphorus Cymbals was established in 1996 by three master cymbal smiths, Hasan Seker, Ibrahim Yakici and Hasan Ozdemir. They are called Masters because they are the most experienced cymbal smiths in Turkey who are still working actively.
The founders of Bosphorus were three good friends who grew up in the same neighborhood. Their common thread was being sent to work in a neighborhood cymbal workshop. Their humble beginings included cleaning the workshop and other menial tasks, but in time they were trained in the art of making cymbals. In the early ages of their youth they became cymbal smiths. Their teachers were the masters who manufactured the legendary cymbals of 60’s and 70’s.
After 16 years at the same workshop the friends ventured off on their own and established their own company. Today they maintain good relationships with their former employers. The Masters continue to respect their teachers to this day.
Bosphorus Cymbals has a strong team of cymbal smiths whom are trained at the Bosphorus Factory and most of them working for the company since day one. The Masters continue to craft in the workshop with their workers, guiding them to create the perfect cymbals with their 38 years of experience.