Bosphorus 19-inch Antique Crash Paper Thin
Brand: Bosphorus Cymbals
- Hand crafted in Istanbul, Turkey
- A very dark, mellow accent cymbal with an immediate "drop off". This crash combines the quick, short aspects of a splash cymbal and the power properties of a regular crash.
- Marries the two lathing patterns of the Traditional Series and the Turk Series.
- The upper sides include alternate bands of the game surfaces that are turned and unopened, while the underside is traditionally turned. This attack dries up a bit and provides an aggressive ring.
- Available in 13",14",15",16",17",18",19"-inch
Details: Marries the two lathing patterns of the Traditional Series and the Turk Series. This Unique family combines the brilliance of a classic, lathed cymbals and the complex dryness of a raw, unlathed cymbals. Expect strong definition and ample but controlled overtones from the rides. The varied playing surfaces provide a wide range of sonic textures. The upper sides include alternate bands of the game surfaces that are turned and unopened, while the underside is traditionally turned. This attack dries up a bit and provides an aggressive ring.
Bosphorus Cymbals was established in 1996 by three master cymbal smiths, Hasan Seker, Ibrahim Yakici and Hasan Ozdemir. They are called Masters because they are the most experienced cymbal smiths in Turkey who are still working actively.
The founders of Bosphorus were three good friends who grew up in the same neighborhood. Their common thread was being sent to work in a neighborhood cymbal workshop. Their humble beginings included cleaning the workshop and other menial tasks, but in time they were trained in the art of making cymbals. In the early ages of their youth they became cymbal smiths. Their teachers were the masters who manufactured the legendary cymbals of 60’s and 70’s.
After 16 years at the same workshop the friends ventured off on their own and established their own company. Today they maintain good relationships with their former employers. The Masters continue to respect their teachers to this day.
Bosphorus Cymbals has a strong team of cymbal smiths whom are trained at the Bosphorus Factory and most of them working for the company since day one. The Masters continue to craft in the workshop with their workers, guiding them to create the perfect cymbals with their 38 years of experience.