Bosphorus 17-inch Master Crash
Brand: Bosphorus Cymbals
- Hand crafted in Istanbul, Turkey
- Dark warm vintage-sounding crash with a low fundamental pitch and enough stick definition to act as a ride cymbal in acoustic settings.
- Bosphorus Master Series radiate deep dark tone and warm vintage sound. Noted for their soft ‘played-in’ feel and characteristic wobble made by the cymbal’s edge, this series has become a mainstay among jazz drummers.
- Like all Bosphorus Cymbals, Master Series are completely hand made from the casting process through the final hammering, not one step is relegated to a machine.
- Available in 16",17",18",19-inch
Details: Your search for vintage cymbals of previous century has finally ended.
Like all Bosphorus Cymbals, Master Series are completely hand made from the casting process through the final hammering, not one step is relegated to a machine.The alloy is from an ancient formula passed down by many generations of cymbal smiths. It gives these instruments a soft, “played-in” feel. Most importantly, the Master Series are much thinner than today’s heavier weighted cymbals. You’ll see the characteristic “wobble” made by the cymbal’s edge when played. Listen for the woody stick sound and the deep mysterious tone. Feel the dark warm spread underneath. Unlock your creative potential and explore new levels of expression with genuine hand-crafted musical instruments from Bosphorus.
Bosphorus Cymbals was established in 1996 by three master cymbal smiths, Hasan Seker, Ibrahim Yakici and Hasan Ozdemir. They are called Masters because they are the most experienced cymbal smiths in Turkey who are still working actively.
The founders of Bosphorus were three good friends who grew up in the same neighborhood. Their common thread was being sent to work in a neighborhood cymbal workshop. Their humble beginings included cleaning the workshop and other menial tasks, but in time they were trained in the art of making cymbals. In the early ages of their youth they became cymbal smiths. Their teachers were the masters who manufactured the legendary cymbals of 60’s and 70’s.
After 16 years at the same workshop the friends ventured off on their own and established their own company. Today they maintain good relationships with their former employers. The Masters continue to respect their teachers to this day.
Bosphorus Cymbals has a strong team of cymbal smiths whom are trained at the Bosphorus Factory and most of them working for the company since day one. The Masters continue to craft in the workshop with their workers, guiding them to create the perfect cymbals with their 38 years of experience.