Turkish Cymbals 16" Ephesus Crash
Brand: Turkish Cymbals
- Hand crafted in Istanbul, Turkey
- These cymbals crash with an umbrella effect of shimmer, quickly reaching the apex of their full attack & then decaying decadently, like an old French Bourgeoisie. Delicious!
- Hand-hammered on top & bottom side of the cymbals. On both lathed surfaces, the bell is left raw with its hammer marks.
- After that, our cymbals in the Ephesus series are extra fine hammered with special tools. By the way, that’s how we treat our Splash cymbals.
- Available in 16",17",18-inch
Details: Hand-hammered on top & bottom side of the cymbals. On both lathed surfaces, the bell is left raw with its hammer marks. After that, our cymbals in the Ephesus series are extra finehammered with special tools. By the way, that’s how we treat our Splash cymbals.
Turkish Cymbals, Hand Cast, Hand Hammered, Hand Lathed. Peculiar hiss-tone that is high, sharp & piercing. Excellent for short, punctuated accents with an exotic atmosphere. For centuries, cymbals have been made in artisan workshops in Istanbul, Turkey, the acknowleged home of quality cymbal making. Cymbal alloys (most notably B20 alloys) have secret recipes passed through generations and each Turkish Cymbal is hand cast, rolled whilst hot, hammered by skilled artisans and tested to give the unique sound the Turkish Cymbals have, before being finished on a lathe. Only by hand making can the cymbal be worthy of a top-flight drummer. Each cymbal has its own individual overtones and "DNA", whilst being broadly similar to its brothers. Your sound is unique with Turkish Cymbals. Probably the finest cymbals on the planet.